Dr. Sanjat Chiwane
MBBS, MD(Internal Medicine), DM(Cardiology)
Senior Consultant Cardiology, Columbia Asia Hospital
Dr. Sanjat Chiwane is MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Cardiology) and is MCI certified specialist in Cardiology and Internal Medicine at Columbia Asia Hospital at Palam Vihar. In his stint of 9 years of experience, he has gained expertise in cardiology. His practice area includes Adult Cardiac Interventions, Functional Angioplasty, Cardiac Pacemaker Implantations, Cardiac Resynchronisation therapy and AICD Implantations, Paediatric Cardiac Catheterization & Device closure and Ecocardiography. He has been awarded Honors in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology & General Surgery. He has also been commended by Nigeria Delta Corporation for humanitarian service to the people of Ondo State, Nigeria. He has conducted various researches viz. delivery study, Optimind Study, Signify Study and TAO study. He has also deliberated a number of case presentations at scientific conferences across the globe. He is affiliated and/or is a member of Association of Physicians of India and Cardiological Society of India. Further, he has the honor of being a faculty member at TCT-Asia Pacific, ACVS India and IIC India.
• Super specialisation in Cardiology, (DM), Mumbai University: 2007-2010.
• Masters Degree in Internal Medicine, (M.D), Mumbai University:2004-2007
• Bachelors Degree in Medicine, (MBBS), GMC Nagpur:1997-2003
• Complex intervention training, Asan Medical centre (ACT), Seoul 2012
• Honors in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology & General Surgery
• Best thesis in Internal Medicine, Department Of Medicine, LTMMH & college, Mumbai University for
2007 on “A Study of Prevalence and Correlates of Atherosclerosis in patients with SLE”.
• Commendation by Nigeria Delta Corporation for humanitarian service to the people of Ondo State,
CASE PRESENTATIONS DURING SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCES
• “Myocardial Sarcoidosis - a rare manifestation”, Bombay Rheumatology Association (BRA), Mumbai,
• “Cryoglobulinemic Vasculitis”, Bombay Rheumatology Association (BRA), Mumbai, July 2005
• “Pathophysiology of Post Prandial Hyperglycemia”, at ‘Medsight- An insight in Diabetes’, Mumbai
• Poster presentation in IRACON 2006 on “Cardiovascular Manifestations of SLE”
• “Dermatomyositis - Paraneoplastic manifestation”, Bombay Rheumatology Association (BRA),
Mumbai, Feb 2007.
• “Complex Left main Bifurcation” Intervention, 50th ACT Course, Sept 2012, ASAN Medical Center,
Seoul, South Korea.
• “ Left Main Trifurcation”, CSI 2012, Newdelhi, India
• “Complex Left main Trifurcation” Intervention, 18th TCTAP 2013, Seoul, South Korea.
• “Complex Left Main Bifurcation In Acute Coronary Syndrome”, IIIrd IIC Summit, Gurgaon, Haryana
• “Antithrombotic therapy in acute coronary syndromes: What Recent trials have to say”. Published in
CSI Cardiology Update 2009.
• “Percutaneous Intervention in post-MI patients”, CARDICON 2010, Patna.
• “Hypotension and Shock”. API Textbook of Medicine Vol 7. Dr. Anil Dhall and Dr. Sanjat. S.Chiwane
• DELIVER STUDY (Deliverability of the Resolute Integrity in All-Comer Vessels and Cross Over
• OPTIMIND Study: Clinical Outcomes of Patients according to pacing Modality and primary
• SIGNIFY Study: Effects of Ivabradine in patients with stable coronary artery disease without clinical
heart failure. A randomised double blind placebo controlled international multicenter study.
• TAO Study: A randomized double blind, triple dummy trial to compare efficacy of Otamixaban with
Unfractionated Heparin with Eptifibatide, in patients with Unstable angina/Non ST segment elevation
Myocardial Infarction scheduled to undergo early invasive strategy.
Affilications / Memberships
1. Association of Physicians of India
2. Cardiological Society of India
3. Faculty TCT-Asia Pacific
4. Faculty ACVS India
5. Faculty IIC Inida